Forum Title: Stained glass windows
I currently have 2 stained glass windows in my home, and on the outside of these windows are wooden framed regular glass windows. I am looking to replace these wooden windows and keeping the stained glass. However I am not sure where to get windows for this. They are windows that have two twist latches on the outside which keeps them in place. Looking for ideas any help would be helpful.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: WILLIE ROGERS (Thousand Oaks, CA), 01/22/2019

Not likely, more often it's the latch bolt is not dropping into the strike plate. A simple way to check what needs to be done is close the door just enough that the latch touches the strike plate and mark the top and bottom with a pencil, open the door and see if it misses the hole at the top or the bottom and get back to us. If it's a small amount try tightening the hinge screws. Sill missing then one of the hinges needs a screw removed and replaced with a 2-1/2 or 3 screw and tightened to pull the door up or down. Which one is done depends on if it to high or to low. Bottom one will lower it the top one will raise it. You did change the knob and strike plate and not try and use the old one, right?

- SALLY NEWMAN (New Braunfels, TX), 03/01/2019

Here is a photo of the window

- ALEX WALTERS (Sugar Land, TX), 02/01/2019

Those are old timey storm windows. I'm not sure you can find aluminum framed storm windows that size although you could probably have some custom made ..... or would you want to restore the ones you have?

- HENRY K (Raleigh, NC), 02/06/2019

Resources & Links For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527